With a rich heritage of expertise acquired through four generations in the business, nobody has a better understanding of the logistics, strategic planning and skills necessary to complete a seamless move than Edward Miles.
Our removals service is tailored to meet the unique needs of each client, whether they are moving within a London postcode or to the furthest point of the globe. No request is too big or too small; no possession is too valuable. Having successfully moved countless items with as much cultural and historical value as monetary, we understand the methodical diligence and meticulous attention that is required to safely transport even the most prized of possessions. Our trusted team of experts will always go the extra mile to ensure that every step of the move is carried out with extreme precision and care.
What sets us apart isn’t only our expertise, but also our unrivalled desire to provide the best service possible. Logistics aside, we know that moving a lifetime of treasured possessions can be an emotional journey. Our team are sensitive to the situation and execute their work with minimum intrusion, always responding in a pragmatic, intuitive and courteous manner. From the moment that we arrive, punctually, to the moment that the last item is unpacked there will be a sense of order, professionalism and care.
1. ContactAfter receiving your request, Edward will arrange a personal visit to your home to assess what needs to be moved and discuss the finer details. We offer flexible options - for example, you can choose to have all of the precious contents of your home expertly packed by our experienced team, or you may prefer to pack certain items yourself into our custom-made boxes.
2. StoreShould you need it, our secure storage facility is also at your disposal for interim or long-term storage.
3. OrganiseOnce every detail has been discussed, we will send you a quotation and, if it’s acceptable, select a moving time and date that best suits you. We will then send you a confirmation letter with the detailed itinerary of your move.
4. Pack and moveOn the day of the move, our select team of committed professionals will pack (if requested), wrap, transport and unpack every item with meticulous care and attention. All the materials we use to package your belongings have been carefully selected for their highly protective qualities. Our robust two-ply boxes are made of 70% recycled materials and are treated with a moisture-resistant outer coating. Anything that need not be boxed will be securely transported in an extremely protective wrapping material that features a tough outer layer and a soft, felt lining. We can even arrange for wooden crates to be hand built for particularly fragile possessions or historical works of art.
5. Transport and unpackOur vans are purpose-built to perfectly match the dimensions of our boxes and we skilfully pack them according to weight bearing requirements to prevent any movement during transportation. Upon arrival at your new home, we place everything as requested, carefully unpacking your belongings if needed, or leaving you to settle in and collecting the boxes at a later date.
6. FinaliseNo move is complete without a final inspection, and we insist on taking the time to walk around together to ensure that you are happy with the placement of every last piece. We pride ourselves on the exceptional service we provide to our clients and remain at your disposal every step of the way.
Piano removals is a skill which has been taught from one generation to another, from Edward’s great-grandfather through to Edward. We continue to adopt a traditional approach to wrapping, crating and moving pianos, and we use specialist piano moving equipment to ensure the piece is under as little stress as possible.
A note about fluctuations in humidity…
We advise that your piano is tuned seven days after installation. If the pitch has dropped more than two beats (A440 to A438 or A444 to A442), or if the humidity monitor readings are below 50% then your piano is drying out and moisture urgently needs to be added to the room.
We are delighted to announce that we are working with Battersea Power Station Development Company to assist purchasers and tenants with moving into the development. Edward has visited the site, assessed the plans and fully briefed the team on the challenges and logistical limitations it presents. Click here to find out more.